Location: Montpelier, VT
Caledonia Spirits is looking for a Hospitality Manager to oversee the preparation and execution of bar service. It is the responsibility of the Hospitality Manager to oversee the preparation and execution of bar service at Gin Lane; to train and lead the bar, servers, support and kitchen teams at Gin Lane; assist and collaborate with retail, events, tastings, marketing, and tour teams to increase traffic and revenue; and to maintain bar cost margins. The Hospitality Manager ensures the best possible guest experience by overseeing that all steps of service are achieved, that the ambience is welcoming, and that the products delivered are truly outstanding.
Founded by a beekeeper, Caledonia Spirits was built on a vision to connect cocktail culture to agriculture. We are passionate about the spirits we produce, including Barr Hill Gin, America’s Most Awarded Gin. Our work is fueled by the values of environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and continuous learning.
At Caledonia Spirits we believe diversity makes us better. For us, it is not just about being an Equal Opportunity Employer, which we are proud to be. It is about inviting different experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives to our work; and making conscious efforts to reach out to candidates who can bring different ideas and perspectives to what we do and create together.
We invite passionate people, committed to excellence, to join our team. We welcome applicants of all races, religions, colors, national origins or places of birth, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities, and abilities. We welcome those who have served our country. We invite you to make our team richer and better.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities reflect the essential functions of the position, but do not restrict the assignment of additional tasks. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Keep the bar menu up to date.
- Run regular bar meetings.
- Lead a pre-shift meeting before each service, oversee service, and report on service, as required.
- Manage bartenders, servers, and hosts.
- Coordinate training of bartenders, servers, and hosts.
- Keep updated files of opening and closing checklists, side work, instruction cheat sheets, inventory sheets, recipes, and educational materials. Store printed copies in a readily accessible location.
- Oversee set-up and implement training materials for POS, reservation, music, table placement, and lighting.
- Oversee reservation systems and implementation.
- Work collaboratively as needed with GM, Tour Program lead, Event Manager and Retail Manager.
- Ensure that event guests are greeted by a member of the hospitality management team.
- Enter all end of night tips in accordance with protocols.
- Check invoices, enter them into our accounting system, and collaborate with the accounting team to code each invoice properly.
- Ensure the bar and bar areas are prepared for service daily from the perspectives of brand presentation, cleanliness and safety.
- Close and lock the building.
Long Term Goals and Responsibilities
- Regularly update the Bar Manual section that is assigned to the Bar and Hospitality Manager.
- Provide oversight of Lead Bartender(s); approve all schedules, orders, cocktails, garnishes, changes to any aspect of the bar program as recommended by the Beverage Director.
- Approve of and document any compensation changes in consultation with human resources.
- Oversee inventory of bar programs in conjunction with bar lead and bartenders, keep accurate reports of inventory and report inventory on a monthly basis to the accounting team.
- Maintain inventory of tableware, glassware, service ware, to-go containers and uniforms.
- Assist GM of Hospitality and HR in hiring of new employees as needed.
- Approve timecards and adjust time as needed (missed punches).
- Ensure staff schedules are prepared in a timely manner (at least three weeks in advance).
- File employee certifications and licenses.
- Implement usage of employee handbooks, service training materials, employee reviews.
- Meet regularly with members of the team to identify proficiencies or enrichment opportunities.
- Provide mentorship to the hospitality team by defining and demonstrating all aspects of the bar program through research, experimentation and implementation in conjunction with GM
- Contribute to the planning and forecasting process in collaboration with other hospitality management team members.
- Maintain accurate cost of goods and adjust menu prices as needed.
- Ensure the best possible guest experience while also keeping within budgets for ingredients and labor.
- Contribute information, insight, and ideas to the marketing teams to promote the hospitality program.
- Respond to reviews, collect guest feedback, and encourage guest satisfaction.
If you are interested in applying for our Hospitality Manager role, please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.