Retail & Host
Location: Montpelier, VT
The Full-Time Retail & Host is a hybrid position that works closely with all Hospitality departments to ensure a great customer experience, with a primary focus on providing engaging, knowledgeable and professional service. This position’s primary function is helping to manage our reservation system and bookings, greeting and assisting customers, retail store customer service, processing payments and assisting the team with executing our food and beverage offerings on premise. In addition to helping with all key functions to maintain a clean and organized space: busing, dishes, stocking and daily cleaning projects.
Founded by a beekeeper, Caledonia Spirits was built on a vision to connect cocktail culture to agriculture. We are passionate about the spirits we produce, including Barr Hill Gin, America’s Most Awarded Gin. Our work is fueled by the values of environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and continuous learning.
At Caledonia Spirits we believe diversity makes us better. For us, it is not just about being an Equal Opportunity Employer, which we are proud to be. It is about inviting different experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives to our work; and making conscious efforts to reach out to candidates who can bring different ideas and perspectives to what we do and create together.
We invite passionate people, committed to excellence, to join our team. We welcome applicants of all races, religions, colors, national origins or places of birth, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities, and abilities. We welcome those who have served our country. We invite you to make our team richer and better.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities reflect the essential functions of the position, but do not restrict the assignment of additional tasks. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain a high level of organization using our reservation and seating systems to ensure a smooth service, while maximizing capacity.
- Greet & seat customers in a friendly, professional manner, following our outlined Steps of Service.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Assist customers upon arrival with their reservation, ensuring they understand our current guidelines and process.
- Providing accurate and knowledgeable information about our current food & beverage menus, offerings and specials according to company standards, techniques and protocols.
- Maintain routine table maintenance and points of service during guest visits.
- Perform housekeeping tasks as required to maintain a high-level of cleanliness, order and safety in the Hospitality spaces, including the bar, kitchen, retail space, customer bathrooms and outdoor guest areas.
- Assist with and perform assigned tasks according to the established processes, protocols and practices, including but not limited to: opening/closing all FOH and guests areas; cash drawer duties; style of service/guest interactions.
- Maintain working knowledge of Vermont Department of Liquor Control rules and regulations as relevant to Server service, tastings and events.
- Continually monitor and assess general safety and COVID best practices within the Hospitality spaces and outdoor guest areas (including parking lot), consult with staff and/or other management to effectively respond to and proactively address safety concerns according to proper/established protocol.
- Operate within health and safety and Vermont DLC compliance requirements.
- Respond to customer or team concerns with respect and with the intent to fully resolve the issue(s) of concern; report significant issues to management according to established protocol.
- Maintain knowledge of the company’s products, distilling practices and history, and share the story of the brand with customers.
- Assist with set-up, clean up, serving, preparing food and other tasks as necessary for on-site and off-site events.
- Complete other projects and perform other duties in support of the company goals and objectives, as requested.
If you are interested in applying for our Retail & Host role, please email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.