Location: Montpelier, VT
Caledonia Spirits is looking for a Facilities Lead who is responsible for the security, general maintenance and services in and around our work facilities. The Facilities Lead will report to the Production Manager and will work in collaboration with other leaders across the organization.
Founded by a beekeeper, Caledonia Spirits was built on a vision to connect cocktail culture to agriculture. We are passionate about the spirits we produce, including Barr Hill Gin, America’s Most Awarded Gin. Our work is fueled by the values of environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and continuous learning.
At Caledonia Spirits we believe diversity makes us better. For us, it is not just about being an Equal Opportunity Employer, which we are proud to be. It is about inviting different experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives to our work; and making conscious efforts to reach out to candidates who can bring different ideas and perspectives to what we do and create together.
We invite passionate people, committed to excellence, to join our team. We welcome applicants of all races, religions, colors, national origins or places of birth, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities, and abilities. We welcome those who have served our country. We invite you to make our team richer and better.
What Are You Going to Do?
The following duties and responsibilities reflect the essential functions of the position, but do not restrict the assignment of additional tasks. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage and oversee contracts with providers of services
- Manage budget and ensures cost-effectiveness of service providers
- Ensure that basic facilities, such as water, heating and cooling are well-maintained
- Conduct routine inspections of premises and equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Handle basic repairs and maintenance
- Oversee preventative maintenance schedules and maintain inspection records as required
- Diagnose mechanical issues, and corrects them if needed.
- Repair machines, equipment, or structures as necessary.
- Perform work according to standard procedure and by the building’s operational schedule.
- Conduct general maintenance of the building’s grounds.
- Responsible for clearing snow from walkways and entrances.
- Use company vehicles to transport/make deliveries when needed.
- Utilize industrial powered vehicles to perform various job related activities
- Ensure the business meets government regulations and environmental, health and security standards
- Advise on increasing energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Complete other projects and perform other duties in support of the company goals
- Able to maintain a flexible work schedule, to support event schedules, and weather related duties.
Who Are We Looking For?
An individual with experience in performing routine maintenance, skilled in the use of hand and power tools and able to use hammers, saws, drills and wrenches.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
High school diploma required, valid driver’s license and a clean driving record preferred.
If you are interested in applying for our Facilities Lead role, please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more company information, please visit our website at www.caledoniaspirits.com.