Job Title: Packaging Assistant
Reports To: Bottling Line Supervisor
Job Summary: To support Caledonia’s mission to be the preferred manufacturer of high quality spirits. This position will value quality from the customer’s perspective, change as opportunity, and information as a resource. The Packaging Assistant is responsible for adhering to distillery-tested practices and for helping achieve the overall goals of the company to guarantee an exemplary customer experience. Ideal candidate is eager to learn, pays attention to detail, acts as a team player, is flexible and will work until the job is completed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Respect safety rules and actively work towards a safer workplace
2. Bottling and packaging of product (both spirits and honey)
a. Bottle filling
b. Bottle labeling
c. Wax dipping of bottles
d. Use of heat gun
e. Bottle corking
f. Staging raw materials
g. Staging finished goods
3. Packing orders
a. Hand-packing bottles
b. Moving cases to pallets
c. Case labeling
4. Infrequently Operate forklift: loading/unloading trucks, once certified
a. Frequent use of manual pallet jacks
5. Actively works to meet or exceed expectations and targets
a. Ability to follow schedule
b. Ability to calculate and record production status
6. General assistance to the production team, including distillery support
7. Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education, Experience, and/or Skills Required:
• Ability to work on feet all day
• Ability to lift 60lbs
• Operate a forklift
• Interest or experience with craft fermented products/spirits
• Basic math skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Ability to work steadily through monotonous tasks
• Ability to carefully follow instructions
The primary competencies and expectations that will support success in this role include:
• Total Quality Management: Desires to provide the highest quality products and services which meet the needs and requirements of internal and external customers; is committed to team-driven continuous improvement; is open to suggestions and experimentation; thrives in a learning environment leading to the most efficient and effective work processes.
• Team player –Must work collaboratively and respectfully with immediate team, and other Caledonia Spirits personnel.
• Organizational Awareness and Effectiveness – Will work to actively sustain and improve department, team, and company dynamic through respectful communication and action.
• Priority Setting: Able to adjust focus quickly, embrace change, and accept challenges to meet and exceed customer and company objectives.
• Problem solving –Willing to be an active partner in overcoming hurdles in order to meet Safety, Quality, Cost, and Productivity goals.
• Timely Decision Making: Actively engages in team collaboration to meet daily goals. Able to identify issues impacting team performance and communicate potential solutions. Seeks guidance in making critical decisions.
• Training – Actively engaged and able to learn and adhere to company policy and procedure in order to satisfy Safety, Quality, Cost, and Productivity goals. Willing to ask for help.
• Department Metrics – Understand departmental metrics and use them effectively to achieve production goals at Caledonia Spirits.
• Communication Skills (verbal and written): Uses respectful and collaborative communication to improve both the climate and performance of the company.
This general outline illustrates the type of work that characterizes the Job Classification. It is not an all-encompassing statement of the specific duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of individual positions assigned to the classification.
Send cover letter & resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please. EOE