Job Title: Packaging Assistant
Reports To (position): Bottling Line Supervisor
Job Summary: To support Caledonia’s mission to be the preferred manufacturer of high-quality spirit products. This position will value time from the customer’s perspective, change as an opportunity, and information as a resource to Caledonia Spirits. Responsible for executing excellent distillery business practices and helping achieve the overall goals of the organization to support the customer. The ideal candidate is willing to learn, pays attention to detail, acts as a team player, is flexible (shifts), and will work until the job is completed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bottling and packaging of product
- Packing orders
- Operate forklift: loading/unloading trucks (will train selected candidate)
- Actively works to meet or exceed expectations and targets
- Respect safety rules and actively work towards a safer workplace
- General assistance to the production team
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education, Experience, and/or Skills Required:
- Ability to work on feet all day
- Ability to lift 60lbs
- Operate a forklift
- Interest or experience with craft fermented products
- Basic math skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work steadily through monotonous tasks
- Ability to carefully follow instructions
The primary competencies and expectations that will support success in this role include:
- Total Quality Management – Is dedicated to providing the highest quality products and services which meet the needs and requirements of internal and external customers; is committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data; is open to suggestions and experimentation; creates a learning environment leading to the most efficient and effective work process.
- Team Player – Must work collaboratively with all production employees and other Caledonia Spirits personnel.
- Organizational Awareness & Effectiveness – Will work actively to break down organizational and/or cultural barriers through effective communication and project management.
- Priority Setting – Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Problem-Solving – Must understand situations in their entirety to identify needs and to conceive, plan and implement effective methods for developing solutions. Will work towards effective analysis and use of data to achieve new ways of looking at situations will be necessary to build the controls and procedures to formalize and build best practices.
- Timely Decision Making – Make tough decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; has a bias for action.
- Training – In order to have a lasting impact, this role must be continuously learning new things to achieve new skill levels and to understand the principals and purpose of total quality management.
- Department Metrics – Will work to support departmental metrics and use them effectively to achieve production goals at Caledonia Spirits.
- Communication Skills (verbal & written) – Uses communication to improve both the climate and performance of the company.
This general outline illustrates the type of work that characterizes the Job Classification. It is not an all-encompassing statement of the specific duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of individual positions assigned to the classification.
Send cover letter & resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please. EOE