Accounting & HR Coordinator
Location: Montpelier, VT
Caledonia Spirits is seeking an Accounting & HR Coordinator to join our company’s finance and administration team. This is a full-time position located at our Montpelier distillery.
Caledonia Spirits was founded on a vision to support working landscapes and local agriculture by distilling Barr Hill craft spirits from regionally-sourced raw materials. At Caledonia Spirits we’re not just “at work”—we’re with our friends and neighbors producing quality spirits we’re passionate about.
- Process bi-weekly Payroll through ADP Workforce Now
- Ensure compliance with federal and state payroll tax reporting, withholding responsibilities, wage and hour law and W2’s
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date payroll and personnel files, records and documentation in accordance with proper record keeping standards
- Coordinate and facilitate employee related matters regarding hiring, benefits enrollment, and orientation
- Act as a liaison between the company and external benefits providers and vendors
- Daily reconciliation and transaction entry into accounting software for local market/events, bar & retail operations. Ability to reconcile inventory movements and proficiency in payment processing platforms such as Square are essential.
- Assist with special projects and month-end close process
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- High level of of competence i n producing accurate and timely work
- Ability to adapt and effectively respond to changing scopes of work and shifting priorities
- Strong problem solving skills with a solution oriented approach and attention to detail
- High level of confidentiality required
- Intermediate level of familiarity and competence with payroll and accounting systems
- Proficient i n Microsoft Office Suite emphasis on Excel.
- The ideal candidate will have a combination of education and work experience i n accounting, business or related field with a minimum of 3+ years of working in a professional setting.
- We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Wages are based upon experience.
If you are Interested in joining the team at Caledonia Spirits, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.