Tasting Room Representative
Location: Hardwick, Vermont
Job Summary: To support Caledonia’s mission to be the preferred manufacturer of high quality spirit products through the facilitation of sales and tours at the distillery.
The Tasting Room Representative is responsible for providing the highest quality customer service, accurate sales pitch and tour facilitation. This position will oversee all inventory associated with the tasting room, selling events, and shipping. This position will maintain a welcoming environment for customers and consistent brand messaging when it comes to tasting room atmosphere and products.
1. Sales and Tours at the tasting room:
– Effectively and accurately communicate sales pitch and tours, and
maintain tour accuracy as production expands and diversifies.
– Facilitate sales, tastings, and cocktail program in accordance with
Vermont Liquor Laws.
– Track and maintain customer visits, bottle sales, and customer emails
– Create and maintain sales targets and quarterly goals
– Maintain the tasting room schedule
– Maintain tasting room overall appearance – accurate signage,
decorations, road signs and flags
– Contact for receiving special guests and VIP customers as communicated
to by regional sales managers
– Point of contact and welcome for all people who enter through the front
– Communicate leads and connections to relevant team members
– Maintain tasting room inventory, placing orders for tasting room
merchandise and coordinate receiving orders.
– Receives new inventory requests, and identifies new inventory to bring
into the tasting room when appropriate.
– Count tasting room inventory twice per month.
– Utilizes Square to input new items and maintain inventory of existing
– Maintain cash drawer, daily reporting, and close out
3. Maintain Event Equipment and Inventory
– Ensure equipment is in good working condition, is safe, and is
presentable to customers: tents, banners, tables, dollies, bins, display
– Take monthly inventory of event and marketing materials and place
– Maintain the fleet of company cars, insuring they are fueled for the
weekend, schedule maintenance and inspection as needed
4. Shipping and Online Store
– Take monthly inventory of shipping materials and place orders accordingly
– Receive orders daily from the ecommerce store as well as internal shipment requests
– process shipments using xps shipper and identify most competitive ship rate
– Supports Marketing Director with relevant images for social media
– Offers organizational support and implementation of company functions
to be hosted at the distillery.
– Receive and process gift certificate donations.
– Maintain an up to date log of Standard Operating Procedures for the
tasting room and shipment department.
– Support production needs during ‘downtime’ periods.
Minimum Education, Experience, and/or Skills Required
– College Degree
– Interfaces with email, use of excel sheets to collect and quantify data,
square app, camera phone, sending attachments
– Basic math skills
– Minimum of 2 years in customer service
– Minimum of 2 years in retail
– Excellent verbal communication skills
– Must be 21 or older
– Team player, yet self-motivated
Competencies: Sales Accuracy, Problem Solving, Excellent Communication, Self-Motivated, Public Speaking.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter & resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please. EOE